Saturday 18 February 2012

Chime by Franny Billingsley

Before Briony's stepmother died, she made sure Briony blamed herself for all the family's hardships. Now Briony has worn her guilt for so long it's become a second skin. She often escapes to the swamp, where she tells stories to the Old Ones, the spirits who haunt the marshes. But only witches can see the Old Ones, and in her village, witches are sentenced to death. Briony lives in fear her secret will be found out, even as she believes she deserves the worst kind of punishment.

Then Eldric comes along with his golden lion eyes and mane of tawny hair. He's as natural as the sun, and treats her as if she's extraordinary. And everything starts to change. As many secrets as Briony has been holding, there are secrets even she doesn't know.


This is gonna be really short because this book DOES NOT even deserve a frigging review. So, this book review is going to be WAY different to my normal reviews-where I tell you about the plot, the world and the characters in different catagories.
This isnt going to be like that.
This is the type of book that you are fooled by the beautiful cover, and the summary of it, and the trailer. Then you send some of your birthday money on it and when you sit down to read it, happy and exicted about this supposably, "Wonderful, Magical and one of the best romance books out there," you end up falling asleep within the first five pages.
This book was an aboslute waste of my time and money. The mean character is so self-loathing it is annoying. It's kinda like Home and Away, the same thing happening over and over and over and over.
-.-
To be honest, the only reason I'm NOT putting this book up as a giveaway on my blog is because the cover is just too pretty. That goes for Mercy as well.
People who love this book, who looooooooooove Franny Billingsley's writting, comment that I'm wrong and that I have obvouisly haven't gotten the plot all you want, but I don't want to hear it.
I have sat through this book for who know how long, and I actually finished it MONTHS AGO, I couldnt write a review about it because every time I sat down to, I would think about the horrible book and shut off the internet shuddering.
So, there. I HATE THIS BOOK. I ACTUALLY HATE IT. IT IS THE ONLY BOOK ON MY BOOKSHELF I ACTUALLY CAN HATE.
Good day and I bid you farewell.
*Rips Chime in half.*


1 out of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment